Saturday, February 7, 2009
2009 Dream Home Studio
A happy surroundings really supporting the creativity.
I do enjoy the interior aspect and the studio comfort factor and found it rather inspiring.
Lately, I'm thinking, If I were starting up again (or win a lottery )..may be I'd start with just:
- A powerful PC with a single 22" LCD, using a decent PCI express VGA card, running sonar 8 PE, plus:
* a Sonic Core XITE-1 + Solaris 5 and other synth plug-ins
* a TC powercore Express + Virus, MD3, Harmony4 plug in (I love vocal harmony)
- Kurzweil PC3x 88 weighted keys and the free editor
- CME UF 70 76 synth action keyboard controller + ASX board
- A Korg Wavedrum + Charlie Labs Digitar which I currently own
- Adam Audio active speaker monitor + sub woofer
- A decent headphone + Some decent mics
- Small Digital/USB2 mixer (+ high quality audio cables) with fx
- an 8 in/out USB midi interface
- A rack for some of my current analogs such as:
MKS-70 + PG-800
Pulse+, BSR, MED (doubled as analog filter processors)
- Analog pedals such as: Rat's and BOSS Hyperfuzz and SYB-3
- A bunch of plug-ins (including freebies) such as:
Korg Legacy collection, Proteus VX, etc
THAT's about it.
and more energy for the creativity and budget for the room's acoustic and other comfort factor